kolmapäev, 15. jaanuar 2014

The "how the hell is this possible" situation

So where to start...

I guess getting right to the point would make the most sense.

Picture this:
Sunday night- Monday morning. Around 1am. 
I'm sitting in my room, on my bed. 
Just finished working on the computer and ready to prepare myself for bed.
First step, second step, floor...
...without any tequila involved. 
My theory is that due to my worst blood circulation and sitting for a long time, my right foot had died. And me, without noticing it, just put my entire body weight on it. Poor thingy.
So there I was crying over the horrible ankle pain that kept me from standing up.
What to do next? Everyone's already asleep and yelling for help would not be an option.
Plan A: knocking on the wall hoping my new flatmate will hear it...Yeah, the wall was too far and too thick.
Plan B: calling Kathi with my phone...yeah, so my phone is still on my bed.
Plan C: stop crying, get up and help myself.

After failing with plan C, I decided to be brave, crawl on the floor and reach my phone. Plan B worked. Well...eventually, because apparently Kathi's alarm clock and call tone are the same, so she didn't understand what was going on and trying to continue sleeping. Thank god after three calls she started thinking what was actually going on. 
Long story short- she came, was amazed, brought ice, helped me to bed.
Monday I went to the hospital, spent around 1,5h there. Had a picture taken of my foot. It's fine. Just need some rest and loads of ice on it. Thank you, doctor "I don't yet know what's wrong with your foot, because I don't have X-ray eyes". was nice :) 
Thankfully I had my coordinator there to help with the language and just with keeping a positive attitude...

... and making a picture of me in my wheelchair.



I guess the wheelchair was the most embarrassing part of the whole story. The feeling of helplessness and everyone's compassion, prrr... that doesn't suit me. On one hand I feel blessed to have so many kind and caring people who all offer their help in every way, yet the pity-party won't make me stronger. Still many thanks to all for good wishes and deeds. I am forever grateful.

The accident itself happened on the worst time ever. Since we have our mid-term meeting next week from Monday to Friday, me and some volunteers were planning to travel this and the next weekend. The trip will take us couple of hours and also changing couple of trains. And I will be doing that on my crutches. So basically, stay hard or stay home... I will pursue our idea and visit the lovely people we had in mind. I wish to remain unstoppable. 

And well.. there MUST be a reason why something like this happened. I was such an innocent situation. Since I believe that all in this world has a meaning, I'm curious to figure out why THIS, why NOW and why ME.

Until coming up with an eye-opening cause, I will keep analyzing and looking for signs. As I often do :) 






Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar