pühapäev, 29. detsember 2013

15 minutes of Estonia

In the first post I mentioned something about my mini project. Well on the 5th of November it started and is still running. Every Tuesday with the 4-5th grade and Wednesday 1 and 2-3rd grades.

So far it's going nice and the kids look like they are interested in getting information about the land far-far away. They're especially excited when they can be involved and have some practical assignment.

The first project minutes for dedicated to a general introduction. From there on the mini lessons have turned to more specific topic. With the older ones we discovered the map of Europe and the countries the connect Czech Republic with Estonia. I'm glad that the assistant of the blind boy was such a kind person to call the boys mother for her to bring me some special paper and tools. Therefore I was able to make him a so called blind-map, so that he was also a part of the class. It was cool. :) Younger ones were exploring a puzzle i brought. It has the map of Estonia with some important landmarks and animals around it. Now they can put it together when ever they feel like it.. when the teacher approves of course.

We also made some flags. Older ones made bigger, younger ones smaller flags.



The next topic was nature and animals. Who wouldn't be excited about the many lynxes, wolves and bears we have. For the older ones I made a "fill in the caps to find the missing animal" task and younger ones got two drawings that they could color. They're simply adorable. I'm so glad to be in such a lovable environment.

Since the beginning of December was already a little crazy I couldn't be there for one week. For that I prepared an Estonian fairytale in Estonian- English- Czech, that the teachers read to the pupils. All of them also got a drawing, that I had to made for another event in Decko. Lucky me, that I was able to connect these two. About the drawing.. still my greatest thanks go out to Alex, my flatmate who's breathtaking drawing helped me finish this .. thing. It was a made for a kids coloring book, so no hate on my amazing drawing skills.

I personally love the ninja in the carriage


The last 15 minutes of Estonia for this year was about out Christmas traditions. As a surprise to me and the kids turns out that Ježíšek (baby jesus) doesn't bring presents in every home. Who would have guessed!

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar