pühapäev, 29. detsember 2013

Svatý Mikuláš, anděl a čerti

I'm guessing for most of my friends the title is as confusing as it was for me. To be very honest, still is. All though I did the "celebration ritual" couple of times.. I'm still not sure what happened. I assume trying to explain this in Estonian would not help me as well, since the topic just makes no sense for me. So if any Czech people read this- I'm sorry in advance. I might have got the whole thing wrong.

So anyhoo, there's this Saint Nicolas...who is accompanied by an angel and some devils. Yes. And then .. they move around together and visit kids. I guess the devils scare kids by saying that if they don't behave correctly, they would be taken back to hell. Judging from the kids faces, they really believe that story. Then again parents at the same time a both nervous, whether their kid will cry, and excited because maybe, just maybe their dearest will start be a nice person for some time. Quite interesting to observe that happening. If the kids knew that the parents gave their name to SAINT Nicolas, oh me-oh my.



Basically if you want to postpone going to peklo (hell) you have to promise to be nice (one version was that you have to sing, but i prefer the being nice one). Then you have to jump over the devils broom and voilaa, done. Until next time.

Oh, and the angel gives you treats...

Yeah, to be fair I'm kind of lost on that topic. Cheers!

the army of angels

My work on that event was telling the moms that they should decorate the apples with cloves, toothpicks filled with raisins and small pieces of oranges. I'm proud of my work.

stiilinäide

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar