pühapäev, 29. detsember 2013

The great week of Halloween

The 44th week of the year passed by in a festive mood. Just within three days I managed to celebrate Halloween in three times in three different groups.

Starting off with some home time with Danielle when we did our best with carving the special pumpkin my mum sent us from Estonia. Yes, she actually sent us a pumpkin through Europe. Thank you for that! :)
For me that was a first, but Danielle, she knew what she was doing, so we ended up with a fabulous Jack-o-lantern.


Second 'party' was the cute gathering in my primary school. Of course we did some preparations some days before the actual event. The kids had several Halloween related worksheets, crosswords, hidden word puzzles and in arts class we made small candle holders from wire and jars. Because of the awesome bus connection I decided to stay in school that afternoon and do some more preparations for the evening. Prrr, was kind of scary to be in school all alone knowing that the front door is locked. Should have been safe, since no-one can enter, but at the same time.. I couldn't exit. Huh, anyhoo, I had a lot of work, so the time passed quickly. Too quickly I'd say.

It already started getting dark when kids arrived all dressed up and with their candle holders. Before going the forest I did some warm-up games in the school yard. After that we lit the candles and head out to the forest. There we had a fireplace prepared so quite quickly we managed to make a fire and start baking the salt tough. I haven't done anything like that before, rookie as I am, but it turned out very nice and tasty. Even if the "pastry" only consisted of water, flour and salt. We also baked some apples and marshmallows- yammy! Afterwards played the games we had prepared and not too long after that headed back to school. Prrr, already then it was freezing outside. End of October it was minus degrees outside and now, NOTHING. jesus christ.


I ended my Halloween week with a Decko party... which led to a funky after party in one of the volunteers flat.
For me and Babsi (a fellow volunteer) the "party" was more like 3 hours of busy-busy explaining kids how to make a bat out of carton and paper and how to add cloth wings and something else. Huh, in the end we were maybe even more confused than the kids, since there was just SO many people there. In the end the organizer told us that they assumed ca 100 people will come. The miscalculated. More like 300 people was there that evening. But we managed, we always do. It was such a pleasure working with Babsi, since she's just the sunshine you need to a stressful day. Thank you for being so calm and easy-going. :)

the army

I was a forest fairy feat crazy lady.






Oh, and our after party started with loads of delicious food and and nice conversation. Greetings to the good cooks who made a the food according to the theme. Was superb!




Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar