pühapäev, 29. detsember 2013

Beginning of holidays, vol 2

24th December: Braunschweig- Ströbeck

Christmas in Schachdorf Ströbeck. Getting to know the hosting family. Small preparations for cooking, decorating the Christmas tree.

Discovering Ströbecks most important sights...
..while walking the dog and the horse. Interesting.

Also my first experience with going to the church during Christmas. Of course, we were late so entering was a little awkward + there was no space downstairs. No worries, we'll just sit upstairs.. where you all can see us slinking to our places. Nice try with not drawing any attention. Despite the smooth entrance and fact we had no song sheets (not that I could read german anyway) the ceremony was pretty. Not understanding left me with so many thoughts about life, love, family, hope, faith, thankfulness etc. Special time.

After lighting the candles on the precious Christmas tree we enjoyed the excellent meal. This year it was way different from the one I'm used to, but I'm up for new experiences. Deer meat, meatloaf, red cabbage, croquettes, mushroom sauce, fresh salad, some kind of potato ball thingies and peaces/pears with jam. Wow, so yummy! Thank you for a wonderful evening. I really appreciate the effort, kindness, warmth and of course gifts. Unbelievable how nice it was :)

25th December: sauna, my looove

Call to home + to brother. Quality conversation right there.
 
Walking "the round" around the village and enjoying the incredible landscape, which charmed me. Oh, how beautiful and calm, yet exciting it was..
..and evening in pub + mystic tour in Halberstadt during night.

26th December:

Harz mountains and the lift ride. Oh my god! The weather was awful, yet I'm thankful for it, since if I were clear I maybe wouldn't have the guts to walk there. Amazing, just amazing place! 
WHOAA
open this!!
Wernigerode- the cutest fairytale village with a beautiful main square and town hall. With all the christmas lights I finally got the holiday spirit that I was searching for.
The main square

And we also visited a beautiful dam, but I cant remember the name of the place. Let it stay as a secret, special place.

27th December: Youth camp meeting



28th December: "you're like a pilgrim"

8.40 ~19.00
Ströbeck- Halberstadt- by car
Halberstadt-Halle train 
Halle- Leipzig- train 
Leipzig- Dresden- train 
Dresden- Praha 8- car
Praha 8- Florenc- bus

Florenc- Nachod- bus 

It was sad to leave, yet the time spent there was incredible. So I could come home with only the best memories. Thank you all for the jolly Christmas you gave me. My first Christmas away from home- it could not have been better. I am extremely grateful.

Forever yours,
xo!

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar